What is Cake POS?
Also known by its website/company MadMobile, Cake POS is an all-in-one restaurant POS solution designed to get every aspect of your restaurant’s management needs under control. Whether that means using tableside, mobile solutions to take orders or simply working out of a central hub and letting your servers enter in the orders, Cake POS has the integrations and features that you will need to run a successful restaurant.
The Cake POS system performed particularly well among our reviews due to the positive reactions to customers for a range of offerings. For example, its comprehensive customer support features offered a lot to like. Its guest management systems, as well as the ability to integrate loyalty programs at the POS, all helped contribute to a comprehensive list of features. People liked the easy-to-use Cake POS login, which also includes a simple Cake POS admin login for handling reports and administering your restaurant.
Photo: Cake POS software Source: Cake POS
But perhaps the most important aspect here was the pricing: starting at $69/month, Cake POS is one of the most affordable options on our list.
Put it all together and you’ll have one of the best all-around offerings for anyone looking to either start a restaurant or take their existing restaurant to the next level. And like all of the best restaurant POS offerings, it also provides updated reports on all of your transactions, giving you a bird’s-eye view of what’s going on with your business.
Cake POS Pros and Cons
- Easy to divide delivery/in-house menus
- Log in and change options from anywhere
- Customizable reports
- Intuitive interaction screen
- Log in remotely
- Could use some new customizations
- No free option
- Questions about equipment durability
How much does Cake POS system cost?
Cake POS plans start at $69/month.
- Starting price:
- $69 per month
- Free trial:
- Not Available
- Free version:
- Not Available
|Cake POS Pricing & Plans|
|All-in-one POS||Enhance and Extend||Custom|
|Starting at $69/mo||Starting at +$20/mo||Custom proposals|
|QR Code Payment||QR Code Order & Pay||Samsung & Apple mobility partner|
What’s included in every Cake POS plan? The flat fee of Cake POS’s baseline plan is pretty robust, offering its cloud-based point of sale services, its online ordering and curbside pickup abilities, guest/menu management, and the 24/7 support. Among those POS systems with cheap or free options, we found this straightforward pricing and “basic” level of features to compare well to other software options in the restaurant POS space.
Which features does Cake POS offer?
|Restaurant POS Systems Features|
|Gift Card Management|
Other notable Cake POS features
- Ordering/curbside pickup available with base plan
- Secure payment processing
- 24/7 customer support
- Compatible with QR code payments
- Cake POS hardware includes options for self-service kiosks and tablet ordering
- Contactless payment
- Accept online reservations
- Waitlist/table management
- Easy-to-use Cake POS login
- Tableside ordering
- Cake POS app handles QR code payments
- Self-service kiosks
- CAKE University training portal
What types of support does Cake POS offer?
|1-on-1 Live Training|
|Self-Guided Online Training|
Cake POS user review highlights
We analyzed over 450 Cake POS reviews on Capterra, G2, and other web review sites to get a sense of what users like. One of the most important elements of our review of each software vendor is how well it’s perceived online. Brand reputation matters, and so does the consensus of thousands of online reviews—if we can find them. The good news with Cake POS is that we were able to sift through several hundred recent online reviews to try and gauge from a large sample: just how good is Cake POS, and does the user experience really live up to the features and pricing? Here’s how it fared in some important categories:
- Ease of Setup – User Aaron M. at Capterra found that the setup wasn’t only straightforward, but compared favorably to some other simple solutions like Square or Toast. Top that off with a clean interface (see the next point) and you’ll generally find that Cake POS has plenty to offer when it comes to setting and forgetting. One of our favorite aspects of Cake POS was how much users reported that it was a comprehensive solution with minimal setup time.
- Ease of Use – The ease of use also rated well here, even if ease of setup and ease of use aren’t exactly the same thing. While some users wanted more customization possibilities out of Cake POS, the flip side of that is that the standardized version of everything is going to run smoothly and simply, making it possible for you to more easily onboard anyone who might be working at your restaurant.
- Features – Even in negative overall Cake POS reviews, such as Roman D.’s on Capterra, we found that people still rated the features high. That’s a great sign for anyone who’s looking for bang for the buck. Is Cake POS the most scalable option out there? Maybe not, due to limitations in customization. But the out-of-the-box features leave a lot to love here, especially compared to the price.
- Quality of Support – Consistently high ratings here as well, even if Cake POS support is often hit-or-miss when it comes to customer reviews. Another reviewer, Shirley W., did want more of a “manual” to search through, which suggests that maybe the online documentation isn’t as obvious as it could have been.
- Value for Money – Overall, people loved the features, and given that the static pricing plan is among the best we found short of a free option, we think that Cake POS performed well in the “value for money” category, and that bore out in the comments, with Cake POS consistently scoring high ratings overall.
Cake POS Contact Information
- Parent Company:
- Mad Mobile
- Tampa, FL
- Year Founded:
Cake POS alternatives
|Software||Starting Price||B2B Reviews Score|