What is Fleetio?
Fleetio is an all-in-one fleet management service that’s built to streamline some of the most common functions and slowdowns experienced by fleet managers.
That starts with a fleet tracking dashboard that gives you access to data about your entire fleet from a single screen. Fleetio comes with a built-in VIN decoder and will also send automatic reminders when it’s time to renew a vehicle’s license or registration. It also stores a complete activity history for each vehicle including assignments, location, and maintenance records.
Fleetio vehicle list including year, status, mileage, and other key details. Source: Fleetio free trial
Fleetio’s intuitive inspections solution allows operators to conduct inspections from their smartphone, even in areas without internet. Fleet Managers can control the entire inspection process end to end, with the ability to easily create custom inspection forms and quickly triage and assign reported issues to technicians for resolution. On the road, operators can prove safety and compliance with access to FMCSA-compliant inspections from anywhere.
Fleetio also includes a robust maintenance module that pulls advised maintenance schedules directly from the manufacturer. No more guesswork — you’ll know exactly when to service or inspect a particular vehicle. Operators can request repairs while in the field and enter fault codes and recall information to streamline communication.
One key advantage of Fleetio is its seamless integrations with a long list of third-party services. Fuel card integrations, for example, automatically import transactions and other information such as miles per gallon, cost per mile, and even invalid odometer readings. This means that you’ll identify issues more quickly and have much greater visibility into your fleet’s activities.
Even small changes to your operations can have a substantial impact on your bottom line. With Fleetio’s reporting tools, you can quickly view operating costs, fuel consumption trends, fleet compliance, and other key data points. In short, Fleetio is designed to make your fleet substantially more efficient without needing to use any other applications.
Fleetio onboarding process with links to first steps + introductory guides and videos. Source: Fleetio free trial
How much does Fleetio cost?
Fleetio plans start at $3 per vehicle/month.
- Starting price:
- $3 per vehicle per month billed annually
- Free trial:
- 14 days
- Free version:
- Not Available
|Fleetio Pricing & Plans|
|Starting at $3 / vehicle / mo billed annually||Starting at $5 / vehicle / mo billed annually||Starting at $7 / vehicle / mo billed annually|
|Unlimited users||Unlimited users||Unlimited users|
What’s included in every Fleetio plan? All Fleetio subscriptions come with most vehicle, user, and vendor management features plus mobile app access and support for unlimited users.
The Fleetio Vehicle Replacement Analysis tool helps identify the perfect time to switch out aging vehicles. Source: Fleetio free trial
Which features does Fleetio offer?
|Fleet Management Software Features|
Other notable Fleetio features
- Unlimited Users
- Webhooks and API Access
- Inspection Schedules
- Work Orders
- Maintenance Shop Integration
- VIN Lookups (North America only)
- Single Sign-On
Vehicle inspection history for the entire fleet. Users can see failed items and view the full inspection report if needed. Source: Fleetio free trial
What types of support does Fleetio offer?
|1-on-1 Live Training|
|Self-Guided Online Training|
The Fleetio Help Center provides text guides as well as webinars and tutorial videos. Source: Fleetio website
Fleetio user review highlights
We analyzed 434 user reviews about Fleetio from four third-party review websites to provide this summary.
Fleetio is still a relatively small operation, so it hasn’t received as many reviews as we’ve seen from some larger platforms. Still, the feedback it has generated gave us a strong impression of every major aspect of the Fleetio platform.
In particular, ease of use and customer support stood out as strengths. Fleetio’s support team is available on all major channels including email, live chat, and phone, and they operate from 8 AM until 8 PM Eastern Standard Time on business days.
Customers who criticize Fleetio’s functionality are usually concerned with the complex setup process and finding out how to take full advantage of its features. While a learning curve is inevitable, some users feel that Fleetio could do more to streamline the initial setup process. However, it’s important to note that Fleetio does offer an add-on of onboarding services to get teams using the platform to its full extent.
- Ease of Setup – As mentioned above, setup is an area where Fleetio has received some mixed feedback. Several customers reported that they had trouble finding features or didn’t realize certain features existed until later on.
- Ease of Use – In contrast, comments are much more positive when it comes to ease of use. This is a sign that Fleetio’s setup issues may simply stem from the complexity of the platform rather than any problems with the onboarding process.
- Features – Customers seem very satisfied with the range of features they get from Fleetio. Of course, all software receives some feature requests. Fleetio’s team responds directly to many of these reviews, so popular requests may be added to the platform later on.
- Quality of Support – Support is another critical strength for Fleetio, with mostly positive comments regarding service on all channels. Note that support is available 8 AM-8 PM Eastern, which may be inconvenient for some users.
- Value for Money – Between the free trial, low monthly fee, and scalable per-asset pricing, customers have great things to say about Fleetio’s value for cost.
Fleetio Contact Information
- Parent Company:
- Birmingham, AL
- Year Founded:
|Software||Starting Price||B2B Reviews Score|
|Fleetio||$3 / vehicle / month||4.8|
|RTA||$3.60 / asset / month||4.5|
|AUTOsist||$5 / asset / month||4.5|