What is Freshteam?
Freshteam is an HR platform built by Freshworks, the company behind other SaaS platforms such as Freshdesk, Freshsales, and Freshchat. It’s designed to be an all-in-one HR service with wide-ranging features like paperless onboarding, time-off tracking, applicant tracking, and data management.
Freshteam homepage with information about recruiting, referrals, and upcoming tasks. Source: Freshteam free trial.
Furthermore, Freshteam is easy to implement into existing workflows due to its mobile app, third-party integrations, and strong support resources. Integrations include many different software categories such as job boards (e.g. Indeed, LinkedIn, Monster), scheduling platforms (e.g. Google Calendar, Office 365 Calendar), online interview tools (e.g. Zoom, Google Meet, Microsoft Teams), time tracking services (e.g. Jibble, QuickBooks Time), and many more.
With Freshteam, you can consolidate data from each of these applications and manage it in one place.
Freshteam reports including job postings, transfer requests, new offers and hires, and more. Source: Freshteam free trial.
If you’re new to Freshteam, you can get started with a 21-day free trial — no credit card required. Even after the trial, Freshteam offers a surprisingly viable free plan that supports up to 50 employees and three published job postings.
There are also three paid subscription options. You’ll be charged one rate on a per-employee basis plus a flat platform fee for each subscription tier. Premium subscriptions start at $1 per employee per month plus a flat platform fee of $59 per month. You can get two free months per year by committing to an annual plan instead of a monthly one.
While evaluating Freshteam, we were impressed with its comprehensive feature set, visually appealing interface, and solid performance in user reviews. On the other hand, one area for improvement is customer service. Freshteam offers decent support resources, but users have mixed experience when it comes to getting one-on-one assistance.
How much does Freshteam cost?
Freshteam plans start at $60/month.
- Starting price:
- $1 per employee per month paid annually + $59 monthly platform fee
- Free trial:
- 21 days
- Free version:
|Freshteam Pricing & Plans|
|$1/mo per employee +||$2/mo per employee +||$4/mo per employee +|
|$59 monthly platform fee||$99 monthly platform fee||$169 monthly platform fee|
What’s included in every Freshteam plan? Every Freshteam plan comes with core HR features like applicant tracking, career sites, time-off management, org charts, and an employee directory.
Which features does Freshteam offer?
|Applicant Tracking System Features|
|Integrates with other Freshworks software|
Adding a new candidate through the Freshteam applicant tracking system. Source: Freshteam free trial.
Other notable Freshteam features
- Time-off tracking
- Employee information system
- Mobile app
- HR reporting
- Employee directory
View, add, or import employees from the Freshteam Talent Center. Source: Freshteam free trial.
What types of support does Freshteam offer?
|1-on-1 Live Training|
|Self-Guided Online Training|
Freshteam user review highlights
We analyzed 689 user reviews about Freshteam from five third-party review websites to provide this summary.
Based on our research, we were able to identify some clear trends with respect to customer feedback for various aspects of the Freshteam platform. Most negative reviews of Freshteam focus on the platform’s customer support. Many reviewers noted that Freshteam either didn’t respond to their concerns or merely redirected them to articles in the knowledge base. There are also numerous complaints about Freshteam overpromising in their product roadmap and then failing to deliver the expected features.
On the other hand, positive reviews largely centered around Freshteam’s ease of use. While some reviewers mentioned specific features they felt were missing, they had a positive impression of the app’s overall functionality and how efficiently it integrates different functions in a single application.
- Ease of Setup – While most reviewers say Freshteam is simple to set up, some felt it was overwhelming at first — particularly for smaller teams.
- Ease of Use – Ease of use is one of the strongest areas of Freshteam according to user reviews. Almost every customer agrees Freshteam has a clear, intuitive design.
- Features – Some of Freshteam’s most popular features include automated candidate tracking, integrations with LinkedIn and other platforms, and onboarding for new employees.
- Quality of Support – Feedback for Freshteam support is somewhat mixed. Users report that the Freshteam service staff is generally responsive to problems, but less helpful when it comes to the initial setup and implementation process.
- Value for Money – Some small clients are frustrated by the free plan’s limited features, but Freshteam offers more free tools than many other applicant tracking systems. Customers also appreciate the platform’s scalable pricing system.
Freshteam knowledge base with articles about basic setup as well as specific areas of the platform. Source: Freshteam website.
Freshteam Contact Information
- Parent Company:
- San Mateo, CA
- Year Founded:
- instagram.com › freshworksinc