What is Workable?
Workable facilitates hiring for a wide range of businesses, from startups to mid-sized companies. While it doesn’t offer many other HR tools, it’s fair to call Workable an all-in-one solution for recruiting and applicant tracking.
Adding details to a Workable job posting. Source: Workable free trial
When you want to fill a new position, Workable can instantly post the job to more than 200 job sites including popular options like Google, Indeed, and LinkedIn. From there, applications will automatically be added to your Workable dashboard regardless of the platform that each candidate used to create their application. You can also easily create social posts to generate even more interest in open positions.
Comparing and managing candidates from different job boards. Source: Workable free trial
Workable’s built-in referral system is another critical feature. Your team will receive notifications about new roles, and Workable will generate a unique referral link for each employee. Team members can track their referrals within Workable and automatically receive designated rewards or incentives for any successful referrals.
From there, Workable’s templates and automation tools are designed to make it easier to move through the hiring process. For example, you can quickly customize the recruiting workflow for specific roles and move candidates between stages as needed. Workable also offers templates for emails, job descriptions, scorecards, and other resources to minimize busy work and allow you to focus on evaluating each candidate.
Creating a candidate evaluation to share with other stakeholders. Source: Workable free trial
Finally, Workable provides reporting tools to help hiring managers evaluate their current practices and make the right adjustments. Pull up time to hire, candidate sources, and other data points, and filter by department to see which areas of the business are lagging behind. You can even export data to business intelligence software for even deeper analytics.
How much does Workable cost?
Workable plans start at $129/month.
- Starting price:
- $129 per month
- Free trial:
- 15 days
- Free version:
- Not Available
|Workable Pricing & Plans
|Starting at $129/mo
|Starting at $279/mo (annual)
|Starting at $559/mo (annual)
|Pay per job
What’s included in every Workable plan? Every Workable subscription comes with key features like job board integrations, automated hiring workflows, and a custom careers page builder.
Which features does Workable offer?
|Applicant Tracking Systems Features
Other notable Workable features
- Recruiting automation
- Mobile hiring app
- Branded careers page
- Hiring analytics
Hiring velocity reporting data with available export to CSV or PDF. Source: Workable free trial.
What types of support does Workable offer?
|1-on-1 Live Training
|Self-Guided Online Training
Workable Help Center. Source: Workable website.
Workable user review highlights
We analyzed 1309 user reviews about Workable from four third-party review websites to provide this summary.
Like any other software, Workable has received both positive and negative feedback. While the vast majority of users have good things to say, criticisms generally involve the high minimum price for small businesses and the inconvenient support times for clients in certain regions (particularly in Asia).
On the other hand, ease of use was a clear strength based on our research. From the streamlined setup process to the intuitive interface, almost every customer noted that Workable was simple for them to use. Clients in North America and Europe have fewer issues with support and naturally left more positive comments about customer service.
- Ease of Setup – Along with the interface itself, customers also appreciate the resources and support Workable offers to take the headache out of onboarding. Note that Premium subscribers get even more help with custom onboarding, a dedicated account manager, and other resources.
- Ease of Use – Workable is designed to make hiring easier, and user reviews indicate that the company has succeeded. Ease of use is one of Workable’s key strengths, with nearly all customers agreeing that it made their recruiting workflow more efficient.
- Features – Reviewers are generally satisfied with the core Workable toolkit, but there are also a number of suggested features. For example, several users noted the lack of sufficient tools to track applicant locations and look for candidates in particular places.
- Quality of Support – Again, feedback for customer service was almost universally positive. However, while support is available for 15 hours per day on weekdays, timing may be less convenient for customers in certain time zones. For example, support runs from 4:30 PM until 7:30 AM in Japan.
- Value for Money – We generally found good comments about Workable’s value for cost. Most negative comments came from smaller clients who felt that the minimum fee of $129 per month (Paygo) was too high for their relatively limited needs and budget.
Workable Contact Information
- Parent Company:
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Year Founded: