What is Greenhouse ATS?
Greenhouse is an all-in-one platform for attracting, interviewing, and onboarding applicants. It’s designed to streamline the entire hiring process, and there’s a robust set of reporting tools to help hiring managers identify trends and continually optimize their strategies.
Like most applicant tracking services, Greenhouse connects to third-party job platforms so that you can get as much exposure as possible without manually posting on each site. You can currently use Greenhouse to post on more than 1,000 job boards, and you can track candidates from any source through the Greenhouse dashboard.
Greenhouse provides both internal and external communication tools to minimize friction and help remove inefficiencies in your hiring workflow. Managers also have the option to set up team and individual goals for increased transparency, relying on objective metrics and trends to make informed judgements and decisions.
Sample help article on individual goals from the Greenhouse support center. Source: Greenhouse website
Finally, Greenhouse comes with a variety of onboarding features to get new hires up to speed more quickly. They’ll be able to see employees in related roles and immediately start communicating with the other members of their team.
You can even create a custom onboarding process and rely on Greenhouse to automatically assign successive tasks to the right employee. The end result is a reliable, standardized onboarding workflow that’s built specifically for the needs of your organization.
How much does Greenhouse cost?
- Starting price:
- Custom pricing only
- Free trial:
- Not available
- Free version:
- Not available
|Greenhouse Pricing & Plans|
|Custom pricing||Custom pricing||Custom pricing|
|Includes applicant tracking, task management, basic DEI and reporting tools, and more||Includes all Essential features plus single sign-on, custom reports, advanced career page configurations, and more||Includes all Advanced features plus BI connector, additional security and DEI tools, a developer sandbox, and more|
What’s included in every Greenhouse plan? All Greenhouse subscriptions come with core features like applicant tracking, collaboration tools, and automated task management.
Which features does Greenhouse offer?
|Applicant Tracking Systems Features|
Other notable Greenhouse features
- Mobile app
- DEI tools
- Automated task management
What types of support does Greenhouse offer?
|1-on-1 Live Training|
|Self-Guided Online Training|
Greenhouse user review highlights
We analyzed 2,975 user reviews about Greenhouse from four third-party review websites to provide this summary.
Based on our research, Greenhouse has generally received positive reviews, but not to the extent that we’ve seen from some of the top applicant tracking providers. In particular, issues with customer support and the setup process for new clients led to more of a mixed bag. We also noticed that many users were disappointed with complexities and limitations in the reporting system.
On the other hand, feedback was mostly strong with respect to the application’s core features of sourcing, applicant tracking, and onboarding for new hires. Still, users are divided when it comes to the question of whether Greenhouse is worth the cost, which may be higher than that of other applicant tracking platforms.
- Ease of Setup – As mentioned above, setting up Greenhouse appears to be a sticking point for many uses. Some reviewers also felt that the Greenhouse visual design was somewhat dated compared to some of its competitors.
- Ease of Use – In contrast, feedback is more positive when it comes to the Greenhouse’s ongoing ease of use after getting set up. This is particularly true for candidates, as Greenhouse eliminates many of the inefficiencies associated with conventional hiring practices.
- Features – Users have mostly good things to say about Greenhouse’s functionality, but this doesn’t apply to its reporting tools. Many reviewers noted that they had trouble generating the custom reports they needed due to the limited customization options.
- Quality of Support – Greenhouse’s support seems to be roughly in line with other applicant tracking systems, with an even mix of positive and negative feedback. Some users mentioned that they would appreciate an option to schedule a meeting with the customer service staff rather than going back and forth via email or live chat.
- Value for Money – With Greenhouse only offering custom pricing, you’ll have to speak to their team to get a quote for your business. Some reviewers said that the price was too high, but many of them still felt that it was worth paying given the functionality of the Greenhouse platform.
Greenhouse Contact Information
- Parent Company:
- New York, NY
- Year Founded:
- facebook.com/greenhouse.io /dd>
|Software||Starting Price||B2B Reviews Score|
|Freshteam by Freshworks||$59 / month plus $1 / month / employee||4.4|