What is Hiscox Insurance?
Hiscox insurance stands out as a company that only offers small business insurance. With that in mind, they developed and designed their policies to fill a need that entrepreneurs, sole proprietors, and small business owners truly need – quick, affordable insurance that gets them the exact coverage they need for a better peace of mind.
Around since 1901, Hiscox truly knows what small businesses need when it comes to insurance coverage. They offer instant quotes, instant coverage, and easily accessible COI, all of which can be done online. Payments can be made annually or monthly if the small business needs more cash flow.
The range of offerings is designed with small businesses in mind. It’s one of the only companies we reviewed that offers short-term coverage so that small business owners can have coverage only on those projects where they need it most. It also provides home-based business coverage – which no other insurance company we reviewed offers. All of their plans are highly tailored.
Hiscox makes it easy for customers to do everything online. Source: Hiscox website.
On paper, Hiscox looks like a top contender for small business insurance, but it gets mixed customer reviews. All appreciate the quick online process and instant coverage, but some have had a less-than-ideal experience with the company when filing a claim.
Is Hiscox Insurance legit?
Hiscox insurance has been “encouraging courage” since 1901 by supporting small businesses like entrepreneurs, sole proprietors, and home-based businesses with unique insurance coverage. Offerings like short-term plans, home-based business coverage, and flexible, tailored policies and pricing plans make it easier for small businesses to get what they need to protect their livelihood. Everything can be done in a matter of minutes online, from getting a quote and purchasing a policy to getting a COI and processing a claim.
How much does Hiscox Insurance cost?
Hiscox Insurance general liability plans cost $29.17 per month.
- Starting price:
- $29.17 per month
|Hiscox Insurance General Liability Pricing
|Instant Quote Available
|Starting at $29.17 /mo
|Yes, in most cases
Additional Coverage Options:
- Professional liability
- Home-based business
- Commercial auto
- Cyber liability
- Workers Compensation
- Errrors and omissions
- Short term liability
- Medical malpractice
- Employment practices liability
- Umbrella insurance
- Directors and officers insurance
Which features does Hiscox Insurance offer?
|Small Business Insurance Features
|Instant quote and coverage: get a fast quote and in many cases instant along with instant coverage
|COI: get it online
|Customizations: tailored policies available
|Financial strength: receives an A rating from A.M. Best Rating
|Claim process: process claims online, over the phone, or by mail
Other notable Hiscox Insurance features
- 24/7 online claims service
- Many options for sole proprietors, entreprenuers, and home-based businesses
- Short term coverage available
Hiscox Insurance Customer Support
|Hiscox Insurance Phone Number (new customers)
|Hiscox Insurance Phone Number (existing customers)
|Customer Support Email
Hiscox Insurance user review highlights
We analyzed 977 user reviews about Hiscox Insurance from two third-party review websites to provide this summary.
In a similar story to all small business insurance reviews, Hiscox insurance fairs with mixed reviews at best. Hiscox complaints revolve around denied claims, slow and unresponsive customer service, and canceled policies without explanation. In some of the more negative reviews, users warn others away from the company stating they will do anything to avoid paying a claim.
On the other hand, some customers have had good experiences with Hiscox insurance. These positive reviews report responsive, helpful, and compassionate claims representatives. One Hiscox reviewer even pointed out that the customer service representative went above and beyond to gather the necessary information and make the claim process quick and successful.
- Ease of Setup – users report that setting up a policy is easy and takes less than 10 minutes online.
- Ease of Use – Hiscox customers say the website is straightforward and easy to use.
- Features – reviewers appreciate the instant quote, instant coverage, easy to use website, and the ability to do many things online without an agent.
- Quality of Support – Hiscox gets very mixed reviews regarding customer service. Some users report slow and unresponsive customer service. One reviewer said it took 19 months of repeated calls with no response only to have the claim denied over email. Other reviewers have had better experiences with helpful and knowledgeable customer service representatives.
- Value for Money – a few users say that Hiscox is very affordable for instant coverage and instant COI.
Hiscox Insurance Contact Information
- Parent Company:
- Atlanta, GA
- Year Founded: