What is Papaya Global?
Papaya Global is a payment platform that offers global payroll, detailed reporting tools, and integrations with leading HR and finance tools.
The solution covers various situations that can complicate payroll for both small and large businesses. For example, you can use Papaya Global’s employer of record (EoR) services to run payroll in countries where you don’t have a business entity. You can also set up international contractor management or configure benefits for a global team.
Additionally, Papaya Global offers standalone platform subscriptions in case you’re already satisfied with your current payroll network. If you go with this option, you’ll be able to manage payments and integrations through Papaya Global for a lower rate without having to switch payroll providers. According to the Papaya Global website, platform onboarding takes an average of under three business days.
Papaya Global also works with an international team of compliance experts that can help you understand regulations and best practices in every country where your business operates. Note that this service is only available to payroll and employer of record subscribers — you won’t be able to contact these specialists if you route your existing payroll provider through the Papaya Global platform.
Viewing payments made to each team member in the Expenses section of Papaya Global. Source: Papaya Global website
How much does Papaya Global cost?
Papaya Global plans start at $20 per employee per month.
- Starting price:
- $20 per employee per month
- Free trial:
- Not Available
- Free version:
- Not Available
|Papaya Global Pricing & Plans|
|Global Payroll and Payments||Contractor Management||Employer of Record|
|Starting at $20/mo/employee||Starting at $25/mo/contractor||Starting at $770/mo/employee|
|Unlimited Users||Unlimited Users||Unlimited Users|
What’s included in every Papaya Global plan? Each Papaya Global subscription includes payroll processing for international teams. The right plan for you largely depends on whether you have entities in the target countries and whether you’re using Papaya Global to pay employees or contractors.
Schedule a Demo Visit Papaya Global’s website.
The Papaya Global pricing page, including comparisons of four subscription options. Source: Papaya Global website
Which features does Papaya Global offer?
|PEO & Payroll Features|
Other notable Papaya Global features
- PTO tracking
- Onboarding for global teams
- Employment cost tracking
What types of support does Papaya Global offer?
|1-on-1 Live Training|
|Self-Guided Online Training|
Looking through support and troubleshooting resources in the Papaya Global knowledge base. Source: Papaya Global website
Papaya Global user review highlights
We analyzed 37 user reviews about Papaya Global from five third-party review websites to provide this summary.
Unfortunately, Papaya Global hasn’t received as many reviews as we’ve seen from some other PEO platforms, so it was difficult to draw any clear conclusions about the product. The feedback that has been published contains a mix of positive and negative impressions, but users at least seem to be happy with the core features of payroll and payment processing.
Running a global team can be incredibly complicated, and Papaya Global goes a long way toward simplifying the associated processes. While some reviewers had trouble with specific functions, most of them agree that the customer support team is responsive and helpful when needed.
- Ease of Setup – Onboarding was noted as a point of friction for multiple users — you’ll have to start with a demo, and it can take some time to get their payroll system up and running. On the other hand, Papaya Global will provide helpful support throughout the setup process.
- Ease of Use – Comments were fairly mixed when it came to ease of use. Some reviewers focused on the convenience of the Papaya Global dashboard, while others had trouble with a lack of automation and customization tools.
- Features – Papaya Global’s most helpful feature is its ability to centralize data and synthesize information from various sources. Customers also seem to be satisfied with the core payroll functionality.
- Quality of Support – As mentioned above, customer support received nearly universal praise from Papaya Global users. However, it’s worth noting that their local experts are only available to users who are either payroll or employer of record subscribers.
- Value for Money – We weren’t able to find many comments about Papaya Global’s pricing, but the cost is roughly in line with what we’ve seen from similar providers. That said, employer of record services are on the expensive side at a minimum of $770 per employee per month.
Papaya Global Contact Information
- Parent Company:
- New York, NY
- Year Founded: