What is ADP?
The ADP payroll service is a go-to for many businesses with good reason. The HR conglomerate has numerous services to support not just payroll but also talent management, time and attendance tracking, benefits and insurance management, workforce compliance, and full HR management.
Screenshot: See a snapshot of your costs each time you run payroll. Source: Run by ADP, admin account view.
ADP Run and ADP Workforce Now are both payroll services within ADP. ADP Run payroll is a payroll and HR software for small businesses, while ADP Workforce Now is a full HR service that includes payroll. This review focuses on the original ADP payroll service that accommodates large and enterprise businesses and can be combined with other ADP HR services as needed.
ADP’s pricing for this plan is not disclosed because it is highly customized to deliver exactly what each unique customer needs. We contacted ADP, and they did not disclose pricing or detailed information on their payroll plans.
Screenshot: Logging in to the ADP portal. Source: ADP payroll login screen.
ADP payroll services offer many highly sought out features, including global payroll, global direct deposit, global tax deductions, a mobile app for both employee self-service and admins, pre-built standardized reports, automation options, and more. ADP also has its own marketplace where you can choose from many other ADP services to integrate with.
Screenshot: See upcoming payroll information and dates. Source: ADP Run administrator account view.
Screenshot: Create your own reports or use one of ADP’s prebuilt reports to get started. Source: ADP Run administrator account view.
Most users agree that ADP payroll services reign supreme. The easy-to-use and integrate software wins praise all around. However, a few employees gripe about faulty ADP payroll login and hard-to-reach customer service.
How much does ADP payroll cost?
ADP payroll pricing is based on a company’s size, industry, level of service needed, and configuration requirements.
- Starting price:
- Not Disclosed
- Free trial:
- Not Available
- Free version:
- Not Available
|ADP Payroll Plans|
|Run Powered by ADP||ADP Workforce Now||ADP Payroll Services|
|Best for less than 50 users||Best for 50-1000 users||Best for large business and enterprise users|
Which features does ADP offer?
|Payroll Software Features|
|Direct deposit available globally|
|Tax filing and payment in over 140 countries|
|Employee self-service desktop and mobile app|
|ADP marketplace offers every HR service needed|
|Integrates with many other HR programs|
|Handles multiple different pay rates within a pay period|
Other notable ADP features
- Automated deductions and payroll tasks to streamline the payroll process
- Automatically calculates and withholds tax responsibility
- Maintains compliance regulations
- Hundreds of standardized reports ready to print
- Track payroll by job for accounting and operational decisions
- Management and employee app
What types of support does ADP offer?
|1-on-1 Live Training|
|Self-Guided Online Training|
ADP user review highlights
We analyzed 2,402 user reviews about ADP from four third-party review websites to provide this summary.
When it comes to ADP payroll reviews, most of the negative comments come from customer service issues and employees having trouble with their ADP payroll login not working. Those having a hard time with their ADP payroll login say their accounts can get locked after being asked to change their password repeatedly and only the company administrator can fix it. Other customer issues spring from missing checks, late pay, and the time clock on the ADP app being down. On the employer side, the only gripes we found were a few about hidden fees, and some say that running reports could be easier.
ADP payroll services receive many positive reviews. Most users – both employees and employers find the software extremely easy to use – so much so that they hardly ever need ADP payroll customer service. Others find the integrations incredibly useful and easy to connect with. Several users were also impressed with the ability to store all payroll information, including tax documentation and payroll queries, in one place.
- Ease of Setup – Users say that setup is so easy you can do it independently without needing customer service or training.
- Ease of Use – Reviewers give ADP payroll high reviews for being a user-friendly interface.
- Features – The most talked about feature of ADP payroll services are the integrations. Other positive reviews mention the time clock, onboarding, and one-stop-shop payroll run.
- Quality of Support – Users report that customer service can be dicey. Employees that are having issues getting paid and getting locked out report hard-to-reach customer service representatives that aren’t always helpful even when they do get someone on the line.
- Value for Money – HR personnel report finding ADP payroll service a top, one-stop-shop for everything payroll related. Using the service and integrations streamlines processes and cuts down on time, making it a valuable business asset.
ADP Contact Information
- Parent Company:
- Roseland, NJ
- Year Founded:
|Software||Starting Price||B2B Reviews Score|
|Gusto||$40/month + $6 per person/month||4.75|
|Patriot||$17/month + $4 per person/month||4.75|