What is GoodHire?
GoodHire is a cloud-based employment background check service that expedites background checks – some ready in less than a minute so that you can move on with your onboarding and business. GoodHire was recently acquired by Checkr but still operates as a separate service.
Pricing comes in three pre-built packages – Basic, Essential, and Professional. If you plan to run more than ten checks per year and need more in-depth, industry-specific screenings, you can create a custom plan based on how many checks you need per year and what type of screenings you need.
The company runs 100+ different screenings from basic SSN trace to specific screenings by industry. Users can use the robust screening library to learn what checks are needed for their specific industry. The company also puts a lot of emphasis on compliance, is PBSA certified, and offers education to users on the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
GoodHire checks all the boxes and is a best overall fit for most businesses. The speedy turnaround time, large number of screenings available, flexible plans, and education aspect make it a top pick in the employment background check category.
Screenshot: Options to add additional screenings. Source: GoodHire candidate dashboard.
GoodHire Pros and Cons
- Custom screening packages available
- Detailed reporting
- Compliance focused
- Upfront pricing
- 100+ screenings available
- Live phone support not available
- Customer support isn’t 24/7
- Pre-built packages are for only 10 checks per year
How much does GoodHire cost?
GoodHire plans start at $29.99.
- Starting price:
- $29.99 per month
- Free trial:
- Not Available
- Free version:
- Not Available
|GoodHire Pricing & Plans|
|Starting at $ 29.99||Starting at $54.99||Starting at $79.99|
|Up to 10 checks yearly||Up to 10 checks yearly||Up to 10 checks yearly|
What’s included in every GoodHire plan? Every GoodHire plan includes SSN trace, sex offender registry search, global watchlist records, and a national criminal records check. Beyond the Basic plan, unlimited county criminal search is included as well as GoodHire employment verification and education verification on the Professional plan. To run more than ten checks per year and have access to over 100 screening options, you must work with the company to get a custom quote.
Screenshot: Candidate dashboard seen upon GoodHire login and where to view results. Source: GoodHire candidate background check dashboard.
Which features does GoodHire offer?
|Employment Background Check Features|
|Several levels of checks available|
|Many add-on checks available for specific industries|
|Basic checks turned around in under a minute|
|Integrates with 24 HR applications|
|Accredited by the PBSA|
Screenshot: Candidate results – these were available in under 1 minute. Source: GoodHire candidate dashboard.
Other notable GoodHire features
- Extensive library of recommended screenings based on industry
- Provides education on the FCRA
- Automated workflows
- Candidate interface
- Capacity to do bulk or batch checks
What types of support does GoodHire offer?
|1-on-1 Live Training|
|Self-Guided Online Training|
GoodHire user review highlights
We analyzed 399 user reviews about GoodHire from four third-party review websites to provide this summary.
There aren’t many complaints about GoodHire in GoodHire background check reviews. If you’re wondering, is GoodHire legit? Yes it is. Many reviewers say they love the program and have zero complaints. The complaints that we did read indicate that some screenings take longer than anticipated leading to frustration. A few reviewers griped in their GoodHire background check review that it’s hard to get a person on the phone to help with issues, and another reviewer said that going back and correcting information is near impossible. You must start a new application if you make a mistake.
GoodHire reviews are mostly rave reviews, with many users saying it’s a piece of cake to use and makes their job easier because it integrates with most HR software. GoodHire customer service and communication from the company are also impressive to users for being fast and efficient. In fact, some users are shocked at how quickly a company representative gets back to them from a support email.
- Ease of Setup – Users love that there is virtually no setup – just sign up and instantly start running checks.
- Ease of Use – Almost all reviewers comment on how easy to use GoodHire is. The fact that it’s straightforward and easy to navigate is made even better because it integrates so easily with other HR programs.
- Features – Reviewers appreciate the compliance education, speedy customer service, fast turnaround times, and seamless integrations.
- Quality of Support – While phone support is not offered, most don’t find this a problem. On the contrary, users love how quickly email support responds and finds the company very communicative.
- Value for Money – Most users find GoodHire to be the best bang for your buck when compared to other employment background check services.
Screenshot: Email from GoodHire indicating that the results are in. Source: Candidate email.
Screenshot: Option for candidates to send their report directly to the potential employer. Source: GoodHire candidate dashboard.
GoodHire Contact Information
- Parent Company:
- United States
- Year Founded:
|Software||Starting Price||B2B Reviews Score|