What is Hemlane?
Hemlane property management software claims to be an all-in-one solution for property management, but how does it stack up? Is Hemlane legit?
We took a close look at Hemlane to see what it has to offer its users.
The platform has automated management tools for leases, online rent payments, and maintenance requests. Its leasing tools include applicant tracking, tenant screening, and rental marketing capabilities. Hemlane also offers a U.S.-based repair team to help coordinate maintenance requests.
Screenshot: A view of what you see when you use your Hemlane login to access the dashboard. The dashboard features a message inbox, a maintenance request folder, marketing and leasing information, and an “Items to Complete” to-do list. Source: Hemlane free trial account.
Hemlane’s solution aims to help four key demographics:
For owners, Hemlane offers a way to manage their properties remotely with the help of an on-site team. The platform’s online rent payments and maintenance requests make it easier for owners to keep track of their properties.
Agents can use Hemlane to market their listings and screen applicants. The platform’s applicant management system makes it easy to keep track of prospects.
Managers can use Hemlane to streamline their operations. The platform’s online rent payments, maintenance requests, and applicant tracking system make it easy to manage properties.
Tenants can use Hemlane to pay rent online and submit maintenance requests. The platform’s U.S.-based repair team can help coordinate maintenance requests.
Overall, Hemlane is a comprehensive solution for property management. It offers a wide range of features to streamline the property management and rental experience for everyone involved.
Screenshot: Hemlane’s array of features cover multiple property management and leasing needs. Source: Hemlane website.
You can easily view and manage maintenance requests and service professionals within your Hemlane dashboard. Source: Hemlane free trial account.
How much does Hemlane cost?
Hemlane plans start at $30/month.
- Starting price:
- $30 per month
- Free trial:
- 30 days
- Free version:
- Not available
|Hemlane Pricing & Plans|
|Starting at $30/mo||Starting at $40/mo||Starting at $60/mo|
|2 users||12 users||32 users|
What’s included in every Hemlane plan? The Basic Plan includes marketing syndication, application and tenant screening, lease tracking and management, financials and online rent, and maintenance and repair. The Essential Plan includes all Basic features, state-specific leases, and repair coordination. The Complete Plan includes all Basic and Essential features, full repair coordination, a network of service pros, and a local leasing agent.
Screenshot: All three of Hemlane’s packages offer a free trial with no credit card info required. Source: The Pricing page on the Hemlane website.
Which features does Hemlane offer?
|Property Management Software Features|
|Property Management Software Features|
|Accounting & Payments|
Other notable Hemlane features
- Applicant tracking for leads
- Pre-screen tenants and schedule showings
- Repair coordination
- Troubleshoot requests
- Schedule repairs
- Rent collection
- Instant bank verification
- Late fees
- Easy payments for rent collection
What types of support does Hemlane offer?
|1-on-1 Live Training|
|Self-Guided Online Training|
Screenshot: Within the dashboard, you can track each stage of the tenant application process—from background check to lease signing. Source: Hemlane free trial account.
Hemlane user review highlights
We analyzed 141 user reviews about Hemlane from 3 third-party review websites to provide this summary.
Critical reviews about Hemlane said the features are so robust that it can take a while to learn how to use the platform. While the price point is attractive and provides good value for money, some reviewers asserted Hemlane is a bit too complex for their needs, especially if they will never use many of the features on the platform.
On the flip side, positive Hemlane reviews say that the platform is easy to use for both property managers and tenants. Reviewers also praised the Hemlane customer service team for helping them with a variety of inquiries. Reviewers were also impressed by the wide variety of features available on the Hemlane platform. According to the reviews, Hemlane seems to be a good fit for users that need an all-in-one solution.
- Ease of Setup – Most of the reviews rated ease of setup between 4 and 5 stars. While most people said the setup process was quick and easy, other Hemlane customers mentioned they would’ve felt more comfortable having additional guidance during setup.
- Ease of Use – Most reviews rated the ease of use of Hemlane between 4 and 5 stars. The reviewers said it is an easy platform to use for both themselves and their tenants. However, many mentioned that it takes hard work and practice to learn how to use the platform. Nonetheless, the platform was easy to use once people became accustomed to it.
- Features – Most people rated the features on Hemlane between 4 and 5 stars. One popular con was the features could be simpler. However, most reviewers were content with the variety of features offered by Hemlane.
- Quality of Support – Reviews for quality of support were mostly 5 stars. People were happy with the initial calls from the team. Although some people recommended better support and guidance for initiating the program, everyone seemed to be happy with the support they received.
- Value for Money – Most reviews about value of money ranged between 4 and 5 stars. People are happy with the features they receive for what they pay. Reviewers enjoyed the wide variety of services they could use on the website.
Hemlane Contact Information
- San Francisco, CA
- Year Founded:
|Software||Starting Price||B2B Reviews Score|
|Hemlane||$30 / month||4.25|
|Buildium||$50 / month||4.60|
|AppFolio||$1.40 per unit / month||4.55|