What is Remote?
Remote is an all-in-one HR solution that can work well for both small and large teams. Its services cover most of the globe, although it’s worth noting that availability is more limited in Africa. One of the key value propositions of Remote is the ability to quickly hire and onboard in other countries without the legwork that’s usually involved in managing international teams.
Entering company details in the Remote sign-up flow. Source: Remote
How much you’ll pay for Remote depends on the kinds of help you need. If you need to hire employees in a country where you don’t have an entity, you’ll need to use Remote’s employer of record (EOR) services ($699 per month/$599 when paid annually). If you just need to pay contractors, that rate drops to just $29 per contractor per month. Alternatively, you can simply use Remote to run payroll if you use your own entity.
Furthermore, Remote streamlines the process of offering and managing benefits in multiple countries. With curated local plans in each location, you can rely on them to find trusted partners and minimize both paperwork and lead time. Remote claims to offer discounted rates due to its relationships with benefit partners.
If you need to relocate an employee to a new country, simply use Remote’s relocation services to navigate visas, immigration, taxes, insurance, and other key tasks. Overall, the advantage of Remote is the agility and flexibility it offers to teams that are distributed across multiple countries.
How much does Remote cost?
Remote plans start as low as $29 per contractor per month.
- Starting price:
- $29 per contractor per month
- Free trial:
- Not Available
- Free version:
- Not Available
|Remote Pricing & Plans|
|Contractor Management||Employer of Record||Global Payroll|
|Starting at $29/contractor/mo||Starting at $599/employee/mo||Custom pricing|
|Unlimited Users||Unlimited Users||Unlimited Users|
What’s included in every Remote plan? Every Remote subscription facilitates onboarding and payroll — the plans differ depending on whether you have an entity in the target country and whether you’re paying employees or contractors.
Which features does Remote offer?
|PEO & Payroll Features|
Other notable Remote features
- Mobile app
- Global employer of record services
- Stock options + equity management
- Growth consulting
Viewing expense information from the employee side in the Remote dashboard. Source: Remote YouTube channel
What types of support does Remote offer?
|1-on-1 Live Training|
|Self-Guided Online Training|
Browsing support articles in the Remote help center. Source: Remote website
Remote user review highlights
We analyzed 1,467 user reviews about Remote from four third-party review websites to provide this summary.
Based on our experience reading customer reviews, Remote has successfully built a strong relationship with its audience. Feedback is positive both across platforms and regardless of the elements that a particular reviewer focused on. We found very few complaints compared to the consistently good things most users had to say.
In particular, customer support stood out as an area where users have been extremely satisfied with their experiences. Remote also has a strong record of adding new features in response to criticisms or requests. For example, one user mentioned that they couldn’t run any off-cycle payments, a feature that Remote later added in February 2023 (available only in certain countries).
- Ease of Setup – Customers report that Remote setup is simple for both new clients and new employees. You can easily create a custom onboarding workflow and enable new hires to complete the required tasks through their employee portal.
- Ease of Use – Similarly, Remote appears to be just as straightforward in day-to-day use. We noticed that many users commented on the application’s clear, professional interface that makes it easy to find what you’re looking for and connect Remote to other platforms.
- Features – While most users are happy with Remote’s offering, some naturally wished for additional features that haven’t yet been introduced or optimized. One reviewer noted that they had to work with a specific health insurance partner who they didn’t have a great experience with, leaving them disappointed with the lack of choice and transparency in the Remote benefits package.
- Quality of Support – As mentioned above, support was one of Remote’s top strengths in user reviews. This is particularly critical for a company that works with notoriously complex topics such as international taxes and regulations.
- Value for Money – $599 per month paid annually might seem steep for employer of record services, but customers don’t seem to have a problem with Remote’s pricing. Note that Remote is much more affordable in cases where you only need to pay contractors or you already have a legal entity in the target country.
Remote Contact Information
- Parent Company:
- San Francisco, CA
- Year Founded: