What is Shopmonkey?
Shopmonkey is built to modernize auto shops and make things simpler for both the mechanic and the client. Inefficiencies in conventional pen-and-paper practices can cause an ongoing drag on your margins, so a platform like Shopmonkey could potentially save you more than the subscription cost while taking the headache out of your day-to-day workflow.
For example, the Shopmonkey integrated messaging tool makes it easy to communicate with clients using either email or SMS. Don’t lose track of contacts or mix them up with your personal life — keep track of all email and SMS communications in a single dashboard.
Even better, you can send estimates and other data from within the application, then collect e-signature approval from the client. This is just one simple example of how Shopmonkey can turn a complex workflow into a much more streamlined process that can be completed in a fraction of the time.
Shopmonkey also helps mechanics increase profits by sending customers automated reminders before each appointment. No-shows waste your time and prevent you from meeting with other customers, so maximizing appointment attendance should be a top priority.
Furthermore, Shopmonkey is available online as well as through a mobile app that works with both iOS and Android. Both versions of Shopmonkey have excellent user feedback. The mobile app
How much does Shopmonkey cost?
Shopmonkey plans start at $112.49/month.
- Starting price:
- $112.49 per month paid annually
- Free trial:
- Not Available (Demo Only)
- Free version:
- Available / Not Available
|Shopmonkey Pricing & Plans|
|Starting at $112.49/month paid annually||Starting at $224.99/month paid annually||Starting at $382.49/month paid annually||Custom pricing|
|3 Users (add users for $20 each per month)||4 Users (add users for $20 each per month)||5 Users (add users for $20 each per month)||Bulk user licenses|
What’s included in every Shopmonkey plan? Regardless of the Shopmonkey subscription you select, you’ll be able to access key features like invoices, payment processing, VIN lookup, live chat support, and unlimited email/SMS communication.
Shopmonkey pricing page including details about the features included with each plan. Source: Shopmonkey website
Which features does Shopmonkey offer?
|Auto Repair Software Features|
|Billing and Invoicing|
|Work Order Management|
Other notable Shopmonkey features
- Payment Processing
- API and Webhooks
- QuickBooks Integration
- E-Signature Authorizations
Shopmonkey customer no-show loss calculator. Source: Shopmonkey website
What types of support does Shopmonkey offer?
|1-on-1 Live Training|
|Self-Guided Online Training|
Shopmonkey help center with articles about initial setup and other aspects of the service. Source: Shopmonkey website
Shopmonkey user review highlights
We analyzed 478 user reviews about Shopmonkey from 3 third-party review websites to provide this summary.
Shopmonkey has received nearly unanimously positive reviews from a decent sample size of nearly 500 users. Feedback for Shopmonkey is as strong as any other software we’ve covered, which gave us a great level of confidence in the application’s performance.
In particular, Shopmonkey’s support stands out as a common thread in positive reviews. Service is available through live chat, phone, and email, so you can contact their team in whatever way is convenient for you. Most customers also had great things to say about the platform’s ease of use.
At the same time, even the most popular software still generates some criticism. We found that some users had trouble with glitches and other technical issues. Shopmonkey is still a relatively small company, so these problems may not be resolved as quickly as users would hope for.
- Ease of Setup – Every application comes with a learning curve, but users agree that Shopmonkey makes an effort to streamline onboarding. They also mention that the Shopmonkey team is extremely helpful in responding to questions that pop up during the initial setup process.
- Ease of Use – One of the main comments was that Shopmonkey saved users enough time to pay for the subscription cost many times over. For example, invoices and estimates can be completed in much less time using the Shopmonkey system.
- Features – The customer messaging tool and third-party integrations were highly popular features. However, some users were disappointed that the mobile app was missing some tools that are only available through the website.
- Quality of Support – Support was the most common topic noted by customers in their reviews. While virtually every user praised Shopmonkey’s responsiveness, it’s worth noting that service is only available from 8 AM until 8 PM EST on weekdays.
- Value for Money – Again, comments about the value of Shopmonkey were generally very positive. One caveat is that the minimum price of $112.49 per month paid annually (one payment of $1349.88 per year) can be a bit steep for smaller repair shops.
Shopmonkey Contact Information
- Parent Company:
- Morgan Hill, CA
- Year Founded: